Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- Routine oral medications may be taken with a few tiny sips of water, please check with our office prior to your surgical date to review which medications can be taken.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office (or in the car) during the procedure, and drive the patient home. Two responsible adults are requested to be present if the patient being sedated is under 12.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- DO NOT wear lipstick, excessive makeup, and remove NAIL POLISH or Acrylic from your left index finger prior to the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a persistent cough, stomach flu, fever or upset bowels, please notify the office.